How Can We Help?
Polystyrene and the Environment
Environmental considerations are at the core of Styrotech’s production techniques and processes.
Polystyrene indirectly contributes to the environment as its light weight reduces transport fuel costs, while its protective qualities minimise breakages and redelivery journeys.
Modern design and production techniques minimise waste during manufacture, with any waste being recycled.
- Expanded polystyrene is 98 per cent air with an ultra-low carbon footprint
- EPS is completely free of any CFCs and other harmful gases
- The styrene used in production is naturally obtained from vegetation
- Water is reused several times during the manufacture of EPS
- The use of oil in manufacture is kept to a minimum
If you would like to know more, please contact the Styrotech Team team on firstname.lastname@example.org